ooacquire 0.2.6

Version 0.2.6 is a maintenance update, fixing compatibility with recent versions of ‘dplyr’ and the just reelased ‘photobiology’ 0.10.14. It also includes minor enhancements to the interactive user interface (UI) of function acq_irrad_interactive() . OceanInsight recently released version 2.70 of OmniDriver, and removed some functions from the API. For the time being, keep using version 2.56 that is known to work.

Continue reading

An R marathon updating packages

Recent and approaching code-breaking changes in the tidyverse packages ‘tidyselect’, ‘rlang’, ‘tidyr’, ‘dplyr’, ‘readr’ and ‘ggplot2’ meant that keeping my packages fully functional required changes to several of them. None of the changes in these packages made my packages fail CRAN checks, but they either made some functions unusable or triggered inumerable warnings in some use cases. In some cases the behaviour and warnings were weird and rather unpredictable, specially those due to the changes in ‘tidyselect’ version 1.2.0, which were also visible in ‘dplyr’ and ‘tidyr’. So below is a summary of my R-intensive week.

Continue reading

ggspectra 0.3.9

Some of the code in this package is rather complex and contained syntax and constructs that were known for some time to be on their way to deprecation and removal in different packages from the ‘tidyverse’. Updating the package to the syntax used in current ‘ggplot2’ versions had been in my to do list for some time. Now the update had to be done, and it is now done.

Continue reading

ggpmisc 0.5.1

Version 0.5.1 brings additional enhancements to the annotations based on model fits. These enhancements improve traceability by updating statistics to return additional information about the fitted models. Functions in ‘ggplot2’ that had been ealier announced as being at their end-of-life have now been deprecated. Some instances aes_() had remained lingering in the code and had to be replaced by aes() .

Continue reading

photobiology 0.10.14


COMPATIBILTY FIX: An update of package ‘tidyselect’ 1.2.0 now in CRAN deprecated syntax previously accepted. This change affected indirectly the syntax used in ‘dplyr’ and ‘tidyr’ resulting in lots of warnings and in a few odd behaviours in ‘photobiology’. To solve this I replaced several calls to dplyr::rename() and dplyr::select() with newly written code using only base R functions and operators.


Continue reading

photobiology 0.10.13


BUG FIX: Sometime during the early life of package ‘photobiology’ I decided that it was a good idea to support in collections of spectra the use of dimensions as a way of supporting spectral images and similar data. I never managed to buy a spectral camera and make use of this. So the code for dimensions was not much tested or used. As it happens, it contained a bug in the computation of dimensions that triggered odd and not easy to track errors when using negative numerical subscripts or logical subscripts with the extraction operator [ ] even with the default one-dimensional collections. I was bitten by this bug some days ago. Hopefully, you as many people usually do, have used only positive numerical values as subscripts and, thus, you have not been bitten by this nasty creature.

This bug is now squashed, and a new version of ‘photobiology’ ready to move to CRAN. It contains also a few enhancements.


Continue reading

ooacquire 0.2.4 and 0.2.5

The main new feature in version 0.2.5 is that the package can be installed and used in an off-line mode without need to install what were previously system requirements and required packages. In this mode data acquisition and communication with spectrometers is disabled, but processing of spectral data previously acquired or acquired with a different computer or using other software remains available unchanged.

Version 0.2.4 brings some improvements to the user interface for interactive data acquisition. It also fixes problems caused by code-breaking changes in package ‘readr’.

Continue reading